Best Air Purifier for Home | Buyer’s Guide
8 Best Air Purifier For Home in India (2020)
Finding the best air purifier for home has never been easier
A recent study has shown that the air indoor is almost 10 to 100 times more polluted than outside. As we spend more and more time indoor, it’s important to pay attention to the quality of air inside. There are many sources of indoor air pollution that include particulate matter such as dust and various physical impurities as well as complex organic emissions from electrical & electronic equipment, paints, varnishes, chemicals from cleaning agents. Due to inadequate ventilation, pollutants can accumulate to that level which can be hazardous to your health.
According to the recent data compiled in IQAir AirVisual’s World Air Quality Report – 21 out of 30 most polluted cities in the world are in India.
Whether you’re buying a new Air purifier for your home or replacing your old Air Purifier, choosing the best air purifier for home can be task. This buyer guide will help you focus on a few important things that can help you find the best air purifier for home
List of Best Air Purifier For Home In India 2020
Aeroguard AP 700 Dx Air Purifier from Eureka Forbes with 6 Stages of Filtration (FilterMaxx Technology), HINI Swine Flu Resistant Filter, Smart Remote Control with PM2.5 Digital Display
- Aeroguard AP 700 Dx Air Purifier comes with advanced filters to eliminate the most harmful pollutants in the air, to create a clean and healthy indoor space.
- 6 Stages of Filtration with Filtermaxx Technology for Maximum Purification.
- Anti-Dust filter which removes large particles such as hair, dust, cotton, pet dander and Fibres. Lung filter eliminate harmful carbon deposits in the air and improve the life of HEPA filter from clogging up too fast.
- Advanced UHD HEPA filter eliminates airborne particles of 0.3 microns with an efficiency rate of 99.9%. Anti-Bacterial filter prevent growth of bacteria and fungi.
- Deodorization Filter (Activated Carbon Filter) eliminates toxic gases, smoke, volatile organic compounds (VOC) and unpleasant odour.
- Swine Flu Resistant H1N1 Filter neutralizes H1N1 Virus. Aeroguard AP 700 Dx Air Purifier is Certified by Asthma Society of India.
- Air Quality indicators display the air quality level: Red-Bad Air Quality, Yellow-Moderate Air Quality, Green-Pure Air Quality.
- Can be connected with Alexa and can be controlled with Smart Remote Control. Other Features – Ultra Silent Sleep mode, Auto Mode, Child Lock Mode.
Mi Air Purifier 3 with True HEPA Filter and Smart App Connectivity
- MI Air Purifier comes with a 360° cylindrical filter that takes in air from 360 degrees. Triple Filter protection eliminates over 99% of particles sized 0.3μm and larger.
- The first layer is the pre filter which removes large particles such as hair, dust, cotton and Fibres.
- The second layer consists of a True HEPA filter that eliminates 99.97% of bacteria, viruses, PM2.5, pollen, pet dander, and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns from the air.
- The third layer is an active carbon filter that eliminates formaldehyde, toxic gases, smoke. volatile organic compounds (VOC), unpleasant odour and other harmful gases.
- The laser PM sensor detects the pollution level and displays the room air quality in real time.
- In auto mode, the air purifier adjusts the filtration level proactively for better cleaning.
- OLED touch screen displays Room air quality data, the purifier’s operational status, etc.
- you can control the air purifier and keep track of your home air quality all the time through Mi App.
Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier, TP03 (White/Silver)
- Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower air purifier eliminates 99.95% of pollutant particles as small as 0.1 microns, ensuring you that the air you breathe is free from pollutants.
- It comes with 360-degree Vacuum-sealed Glass HEPA and Activated Carbon Filters and Air Multiplier Technology to eliminate bacteria, viruses, pollens, Dust, pet hair/dander, pollen, soil, allergens, toxic gases, smoke, volatile organic compounds (VOC), unpleasant odour and other irritants and pollutants.
- This air purifier automatically detects the air quality level and reports Room air quality data in real time. The Air Multiplier Technology circulates purified air consistently throughout the room.
- You can adjust the Oscillation angles from 45 degrees to 350 Degree to help project purified air around the whole room. You can also personalize the angle by using the App.
- A Tris-impregnated activated carbon filter eliminates toxic gases, smoke, volatile organic compounds (VOC), unpleasant odour and a Glass HEPA Filter captures 99.95% of microscopic allergens and pollutants that are as small as 0.1 microns.
- Dyson app displays real-time air quality level and you can control the air purifier with your smartphone.
- Low maintenance, easily changeable filters. With built-in indicators that notify you when they are required to be replaced. It cools your room by using the bladeless fan.
Sharp Air Purifier for Homes & Offices | Dual Purification – ACTIVE (Plasmacluster Technology) & PASSIVE FILTERS (True HEPA H14+Carbon+Pre-Filter) | Captures 99.97% of Impurities | Model:FP-F40E-W | White
- Sharp Air purifier come with dual purification mode.
- This indoor air purifier has inbuilt Plasma cluster technology which releases both Positive ions and Negative ions by using water vapour in the air. This Plasmacluster technology deactivates all viruses, bacteria and dust mite allergens.
- This Technology is certified by 31 global labs and combination of three Passive filters i.e.
- Highest Grade H14 HEPA Filter traps all harmful pollutants so the air you breathe is safe and fresh, Voluminous Granular Active Carbon Filter keeps the room free of formaldehyde, toxic gases, smoke. volatile organic compounds (VOC), unpleasant odour and other harmful gases.
- pre filter which removes large particles such as hair, dust, cotton and Fibres.
- This air purifier has an auto restart function that starts the machine automatically after a power failure.
Samsung AX40K3020WU/NA 34-Watt Air Purifier (Blue)
- Samsung AX40K3020WU Air Purifier come with 3 step filtration system. The in-build S Plasma Ionizer helps to eliminate up to 99.7% of contaminants, bacteria and viruses.
- Effective in eliminating 4 viruses, including Subtype H1N1 virus.
- Activated charcoal filter eliminate unpleasant odour, gases, VOC and
- Child Lock feature makes it safe and easier to operate. HEPA filter which eliminate particles like Bacteria, Pollen and Mould making indoor air safe, healthy and free of pollutants
Honeywell HAC25M1201W Portable Room Air Purifier (White)
- The Honeywell Air Purifier comes with Three stage advanced filter system that eliminates pollutants with more than 99% efficiency.
- There are 3 air vents one on each side and one at the bottom ensure enhanced suction of polluted air. Air vents on both sides and at the bottom of the purifier ensure enhanced suction of polluted air.
- Washable pre-filter eliminates larger particles in the air such as Dust, pet hair/dander, pollen, soil etc. and improves the life of HEPA filter from clogging up too fast.
- The combination of HEPA filter and Carbon filter effectively help in eliminating any microscopic pollutant and allergens above 0.3 microns including PM2.5 and pollens.
- It also eliminates formaldehyde, toxic gases, Smoke, VOCs and unpleasant
- Aerodynamic design fan that ensures lowest sound level so that you can sleep comfortably.
- Low Power Consumption Air purifier consumes power equivalent in the range of 1 to 3 CFL bulbs and high filter life which reduces the overall operational cost.
KENT Aura Room Air Purifier 45-Watt with HEPA Technology (White)
- Kent Aura air purifier comes with advanced HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arrestor) technology which eliminates 99.9% of harmful pollutants from the air.
- The air purifier is equipped with advanced HEPA air purifier which eliminate particles like Bacteria, Pollen and Mould making indoor air safe, healthy and free of pollutants.
- The activated carbon filters eliminate the foul smell, formaldehyde, smoke, unpleasant odour, and other pollutants commonly found at homes.
- Inbuilt ionizer releases negative ions that keep air in your home fresh at all times. intelligent light sensors monitor the Air quality level.
Philips AC2887/20 (883 4887 20280) Portable Room Air Purifier (White)
- The Philips Air Purifier has 3 auto modes General mode, extra sensitive mode, and Extra powerful mode. AeraSense is a sensor that monitors the air pollutant level in your room, the information is processed to ensure that the purifier’s settings are at the ideal level.
- This Air Purifier can effectively eliminate ultra-fine particles as small as 20nm. At night you can switch to Silent Mode, the Air Purifier turns down its fan speed and noise level to allow you to sleep comfortably.
- The real time indicator gives you real time feedback of your indoor air quality. Removes 99.90% bacteria and viruses, pollen and house dust mites. Remove TVOCs and harmful gases like formaldehyde. Tested to remove H1N1 virus.
How air Purifier work ?
Why Do You Need an Air Purifier?
- Air purifiers with HEPA Filter are considered to be the best for those who suffer from asthma and other respiratory issues. Air Purifiers can capture particles as small as 0.3 microns, cleaning the air in your room.
- Air Purifiers ensure that your family is breathing clean and healthy air. Indoor air is two to five times more polluted than outdoor air.
- Air purifiers eliminate unpleasant odour. Active Carbon filters in Air purifier help to eliminate unpleasant odours so your indoor air remains fresh.
- Air purifier can help you to remove pet hair and pet dander from the air.
- Air Purifiers are designed to remove dust from the air. No matter how much you clean, dust accumulates. An air purifier helps to trap dust before it gets settled on the ground.
- Air purifiers can remove up to 99 percent of airborne bacteria from the air. The air is circulated through a series of internal filters. An air purifier helps to trap Air borne bacteria.
- Air purifiers clean the air before you breathe which keep your lungs healthy. Consistent exposure to dust, pollen, dander, and other airborne particles can cause long-term health issues for you and your family.
- An air purifier is advised for people who live near a construction site. The air that you breathe may be polluted due to the construction Activity. Construction activities that contribute to air pollution include: land clearing, operation of diesel machines, demolition of old buildings and using toxic materials for construction. Construction sites generate high levels of dust from cement, stone and silica. Construction dust is classified as particulate matter less than 10 microns in diameter, which are invisible to the naked eye. Exposure to such particles can affect both your lungs and your heart. Research has shown that PM10 penetrate deeply into the lungs and cause a wide range of health related problems such as respiratory illness, asthma, bronchitis and even cancer. People with heart or lung related diseases, children, and senior citizens are the most affected by particle pollution exposure.
Indoor Air Pollution Symptoms and Health Problems
Indoor Air Pollutants can cause a wide range of short-term and long-term health related problems. Exposure to high level of indoor air pollution can cause eye irritation, headaches, nose and throat irritation, fatigue, and dizziness. Long-term health problems due to air pollution can be quite serious. The person can suffer from heart problems, respiratory sickness, and even cancer.
Paint and VOCs
Paint can discharge Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) into the air, putting you andyour family at risk. Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) can cause eye, nose and throat irritation, shortness of breath, headaches, fatigue, nausea, and dizziness. Higher concentrations may cause irritation to the lungs, as well as damage to the liver, kidney, or nervous system.
Things to know before buying the best air purifier for home
7 Types of Air Purifier filters | Best Air Purifier For Home
HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air. The most common and important filter for air purifier. HEPA is made of foam, fiberglass, cotton, or another particle-trapping material.
In order to be classified as HEPA filter, an air filter should eliminate no less than 99.97 percent of particles 0.3 microns or larger from your air. The HEPA type filter removes airborne pollutants and eliminates particles like Bacteria, Pollen and Mould. You have to change the filter depending on the life cycle of the filter.
- HEPA filters are designed to trap fine particles effectively, but they do not filter out gasses and unpleasant odour.
- HEPA filters are unable to eliminate VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) from the air, as volatile Organic Compounds are far smaller in size than what can be trapped.
Air Purifier With HEPA Filter – Samsung Best Air Purifier with hepa filtre , Kent Best Air Purifier with HEPA Filter , Aeroguard from Eureka Forbes Best Air Purifier with HEPA Filter , Sharp Best Air Purifier with HEPA Filter , MI Air Best Purifier with HEPA Filter , Dyson Best Air Purifier with HEPA Filter , Philips Best Air Purifier with HEPA Filter , Honeywell Best Air Purifier with HEPA Filter
ionizers create negative ions. Negative ions attach themselves with pollutants and remove them from the air thereby creating a fresh and cleaner environment.
Positive ions are more in our environment than negative ions. Positive ions produce fatigue, increase hypertension and create bad moods. Negative ions do just the opposite. Negative ions freshen up your mood, improve sleep and promote relaxation.
- It makes airborne particles stick to walls or drop them to the floor, which means that they don’t get completely rid from your home.
- Ionizers can produce harmful ozone. ozone can trigger asthma attacks.
Plasmacluster technology produces both Positive ions and Negative ions by using water vapour in the air. Plasmacluster Ion technology deactivates airborne mould, viruses, dust mite allergens and bacteria from the air creating a fresh and cleaner environment. These ions attach themselves to the pollutants and break down their surface before returning to air as water vapour. Plasmacluster technology doesn’t produce any harmful or highly toxic gas as a byproduct.
Active carbon filter
Activated carbon filters are made from carbonaceous material such as coconut, coal and wood. Active carbon filters help to eliminated unpleasant odour, cigarette smoke, virus, toxic gases, and other harmful gases from the air so that your indoor air remains fresh
UV Stands for Ultraviolet light. UV technology either kills the viruses and other microorganisms or makes them incapable from reproducing. UV light effectively eliminates airborne organisms.
Bacteria and viruses need to be exposed to UV light for a certain amount of time to eliminate it completely or make them incapable. UV lights do not eliminate pollutant particles, Unpleasant odour and smoke.
Pre filters mainly eliminate large particles in the air, such as dust, pollen or pet dander. Pre filter saves other filters from clogging up too fast.
This filter eliminates Organic particles like bacteria, viruses, dust mites and mold by passing air over a ceramic plate that heats up to nearly 400 degree Celsius which kills airborne pollutants.
Air Change Rate
The Air Change Rate (ACR) tells you exactly how many times the air purifier will filter your room in one hour. If an air purifier has 10 ACH, it means that the air in the room will be filtered every six minutes.
Clean Air Delivery Rate or CADR tells you how many cubic feet of air your air purifier can filter in one minute. Large room will need a higher Clean Air Delivery rate air purifier to ensure effectiveness and quickly clean the air in your room.
While choosing an air purifier, the size of the room is an important factor. Bigger room will need larger air purifiers to purify your air in the room.
Tips for Using an Air Purifier
Choose the Best Location
Single-room air purifiers should be placed in the room where you spend the maximum time. Mostly it is placed in your bedroom or living room. As Air Purifiers are portable you can easily move them from room to other room if needed. Ensure that air purifier is at least kept 3 feet away from any walls or furniture, this will help air to circulate around the room.
Keep Windows and Doors Closed
An air purifier can’t clean the entire outdoors air. It is highly recommended that you close all windows and doors when the Air Purifier is on. This will keep the purified air inside the room.
Don’t Turn It Off
Leave your air purifier on all the time. Today’s air purifiers are energy-efficient and turn off automatically once the air in your room is completely clean.
Cleaning or Replacing Air Filter
Cleaning the filter and removing the build-up can help to increase the life of the filter and allow it to be reused.
Frequently Asked Questions | Best Air Purifier for home
Do I need an air purifier if I have AC?
Which one is better dehumidifier or air purifier?
What is the frequency of filter replacements in an air purifier and How do I know when to change the filters?
What is the major drawback of having air purifiers?
Best air purifier for home?
- Samsung Best Air Purifier in India
- Kent Best Air Purifier in India
- Aeroguard from Eureka Forbes Best Air Purifier in India
- Sharp Best Air Purifier in India
- MI Air Best Purifier in India
- Dyson Best Air Purifier in India
- Philips Best Air Purifier in India
- Honeywell Best Air Purifier in India
Where should I place my air purifier?
What air purifiers are best for pet dander?
Do Air Purifiers Remove Odours?
Yes, Air purifiers effectively eliminate odour from the air. The activated carbon eliminates unpleasant odour, cigarette smoke, virus, toxic gases, and other harmful gases from the air so that your indoor air remains fresh. HEPA filters are not as effective in eliminating odours as they are in eliminating pollution particles.
What Is the Best Air Purifier in India for Someone with Asthma?
Best Air Purifier for Home with Hepa Filter
- Samsung Best Air Purifier for home in India with HEPA Filter
- Kent Best Air Purifier for home in India with HEPA filter
- Aeroguard from Eureka Forbes Best Air Purifier for home in India with HEPA Filter
- Sharp Best Air Purifier for Home in India with HEPA Filtre
- MI Air Best Purifier for home in India
- Dyson Best Air Purifier for Home in India with HEPA Filter
- Philips Best Air Purifier for Home in India with HEPA Filter
- Honeywell Best Air Purifier for home in India with HEPA Filter